Sunday, February 17, 2019

Brilliant comment from 2011

I posted eight years ago about restoration projects in my house.  Basically about how I was good at tearing out old stuff, not so great at putting in new stuff.   Since then I have, in fact, made progress. 

Out of the four rooms and two hallways that needed old growth fir restored, I have done three rooms and one hallway, and am making progress with the second hallway.  The fourth room is the living room and it now has a large Persian carpet covering most of the wood.

On the front porch, which needed to have all the weirdly patched and dry rotted wood replaced (since it used to be an outside porch before it was enclosed) I have done nothing but put a couple Persian carpets to cover much of the ugly wood.

I have, however, rebuilt the old garage (search this blog for This Old Garage) for a review of that project, and I am in the process of doing more of the front porch woodwork (see my last post, earlier today).

I had forgotten about the brilliant comment by Anonymous, (that guy gets around), on that thread.  I don't know why I never moved forward with this proposal:

hey! I have an idea for a new reality show. The Bachelor, Home Makeover Edition. So, all these luscious babes compete for your affections by doing various renovation projects on your house! You reluctantly eliminate one (or more) each week based on how impressed you are with each woman's quality of work. In the end you present a silver table saw to the lady of your dreams and you sail away in to the sunset. Your house is restored and gorgeous and you have a wife on your arm who will be happy for the rest of her life knowing she beat out all those other carpenter wannabes.
All I need now is someone with the money to invest in production and experience in reality TV shows and I'm set.  As far as royalties, perhaps we'll hire an IT expert to backtrack the IP address from which the comment was posted.

No comments: