Sunday, December 13, 2020

Wordpress makes my life more difficult

 I always use the same login and the same email address to post comments anywhere.  I have a regular list of blogs which I visit and on which I occasionally comment.  Wordpress has decided to block me out.

1) My WP account is through a different email

2) WP is requiring me to log in to many of these blogs in order to comment

3) WP won't let me log in because I am trying to use the wrong email to comment

FWIW I have been commenting on these blogs for years without problem.


Possible Solution: Add the other email address to my WP account.

"That email address is already in use."

Wait, what?  But that's my email address?

Oh, I don't know how or why but I have TWO Wordpress accounts, one under each email address, but the one I normally use isn't the right one.  The second one has a similar username but with a string of numbers after it.  I have no recollection of creating that.


Possible Solution: Combine the accounts.

    Apparently that isn't a thing that I can find, no matter what I put into the search bar.


Other Possible Solution: Cancel the second account.  Done, and off to add that email address to my other account.

"That email address is already in use."

Wait, what?  Oh.

"May take up to 30 days to delete all your information."


WTF!  Now I can't comment at all and I've spent about an hour and a half (including all the previous days when I tried to post comments in various places but couldn't figure out how to log in but didn't have time to fix it).



1 comment:

John Wilder said...

This is similar to a problem I have - I can comment on nearly every Wordpress site - except for two. Which I need to login to a new account?