Saturday, December 16, 2023

Necchi BF Mira

Necchi (pron. Nekki) BF Mira

Date: 1955-ish

BF stands for Bobina Famiglia (Family model).  The other option from Necchi, introduced later, was the Bobina Universale (Universal model) which had zigzag.

Why did I buy this?  It isn't what I collect, I already have two modern (a Japanese Fleetwood and a Brother Select-o-matic) sewing machines for doing work I need to do.  It was, however, $18.75 at the 75% off, going out of business, thrift store sale.  And it is immaculate.  Necchi's are supposed to be a joy to sew on so why not?

Also, those more knowledgeable than I mentioned that it looks like the pedal has been re-wired, which is a good thing, because the original wiring was generally sketchy after all these years.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw an old sewing machine at a thrift store and thought of you. Merry christmas. Generic

heresolong said...

😁