Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Accident pictures

Didn't even occur to me to add pictures to that last post about my Road King crash.  Whoops.  Well, here you go.

The bike:



The handlebars (because for some reason I don't have a picture of the whole thing together)



The jacket which literally saved my hide!


Then I went to buy a new one and discovered that the grey ones have been discontinued.  They only come in blue, red, and silver.  All hideously ugly.  Fortunately there was a guy in Kentucky had a brand new one for sale.  A week later, I had a new jacket.

As I said in my previous post, the frame, engine, transmission, front and rear ends, as well as tank and rear fender are all basically perfect.  The front fender has some scratching but not the end of the world and I have ordered handlebars, seat, and engine guard.  I had a passing lamp, a clutch lever, and a couple other little things in my stuff (amazing how much stuff you have when you are a mechanic).  A few more small parts (mirrors, handgrips) and I will be good to go.

Probably going to take some of the extra cash and make it a 95" with cams.  Might as well be able to go faster next time, right?  I already had a 44mm carb and a Crane racing ignition.

No comments: