Friday, December 20, 2013

Let it snow!

Snow day.  No school.  Folks on the east coast are probably laughing at us, but we just don't have the resources to safely transport thousands of students around in even a few inches and it isn't worth buying them for the two or three days a year that there is an issue.

The negatives:

  1. We'll have to make it up in June when we are all really ready to go home whereas right now we had a two week break starting this afternoon so we didn't need this and 
  2. I take one day off of studies per year and that is the day before Christmas break, when I show the kids Christmas movies and ply them with cookies and hot spiced cider (Wassail).  Used to do math on this day and discovered it wasn't very effective so I substituted a lesson in holiday spirit and traditional Christmas classics (Rudoph, Jack Frost, Frosty are the order of the day)
Anyway, it's beautiful outside, I guess I will get some work done on my office floors.  I'll post an update later today but if you haven't seen the spare bedroom, check it out.

No comments: