Sunday, March 6, 2016

What works, what doesn't?

Well, actually they both work.

Brome Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder

This thing is great.  The outer cage slides down under the weight of the squirrel, blocking off access to the bird seed.  It also seems to keep the pigeons from dumping out all the bird seed onto the ground so I have less residue on the ground and more small birds, the target demographic.



So no shooting of squirrels, an action of dubious legality in town.
Thing two: Raid Ant Bait
I was worried about this one. I had little tiny ants chowing on the cat food. I set out four baits, two on the floor around the cat food and two around the dishwasher where a few of them seemed to be headed.
Turns out these take a while. It had been about a week and a half with no sign that the ants were dead. (Assuming, of course, that ants walking back and forth and eating cat food is a sign of life.) Over the last couple days, however, fewer ants. Supposedly the ants carry the stuff back to their nest where the nest dies. We shall see but ...



Does it seem like I'm peddling stuff? Well, not really, they are just good products that I have used recently and thought I'd pass it along. I guess that's sort of like peddling stuff.

No comments: