Sunday, October 8, 2017

Why the Cynical Libertarian should have an RSS feed

So the reality is that he probably does.  He just doesn't do much to publicize it.  Ironically, he posted this:

http://www.cynlibsoc.com/CLS/cynical-libertarian-society/why-you-should-have-a-rss-feed/

I had heard of him but never listened or read anything he'd posted up, mostly just because of internet and podcast overload.  The other day he and Adam Piggot did a podcast to fill in for Captain Capitalism while Cappy was on vacation.  He was interesting enough that I thought I'd listen to some of his podcasts.

So off to Pocket Casts.  Add podcast, search "Cynical Libertarian".  Nothing. Jump over to his website and then search "Stating the Obvious".  Nothing.  Tried various permutations, still nothing.

Back to the website.  There is a Stitcher link where you can directly download the podcasts but then again, CL had this to say in his post:

I am not going to visit 150 sites every day to see if they have posted something new. I am not going to check 101 podcast sites to see if they have uploaded a new podcast and if so manually download it.
Fair enough.  Me neither so he must have a proper RSS feed somewhere.  So I clicked on Podcasts and found yet another page where I could either listen or download each edition.

Then he had this to say:

SoundCloud is shit. If you use SoundCloud please find your RSS URL and post a link to it.
So why am I posting this.  Well, I can't seem to find an email or a comment link anywhere on his page (admittedly I haven't checked every single page on his site) but I'm hoping he'll get a trackback ping, read this post and then, perhaps find his RSS URL and post a conspicuous link to it.

Somewhere where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

1 comment:

heresolong said...

Commenting on my own piece because:

http://www.cynlibsoc.com/CLS/feed/

If you type it in any way other than exactly what is above, including leaving off the last forward slash, you get nothing.

Just saying.