Saturday, May 25, 2019

Wot's Uh ... the deal?

The title is "wot's uh the deal", every lyrics website lists the lyrics as "wot's uh the deal" EXCEPT ...

...listen as I might, there is no "the" in the song.  It isn't even unclear or slurred, it just isn't there.


I know, in the bigger scheme of things, is there a god, should I marry this woman, should I take the new job in a different state, or even should I be nice to the crazy old man down the road who is playing his music too loud and shouting about Pink Floyd lyrics, this doesn't seem to matter that much. 

But if I could ask David Gilmour one question right now, this would probably be it.  Everything else is golden.  Some of their music is awesome (Ummagumma Disc 1), some not so much (Ummagumma Disc 2).  Some I'm tired of  (DSOTM), some not so much (Meddle, WYWH).  But that lyric is bothering me.

No comments: