Sunday, February 26, 2023

Collection: Singer Model 66 (The machine that started it all)

Singer Model 66

Serial: AB723695

Date: 1927

Purchased: So this is the treadle that I found on the side of the road with a free sign, down in Vancouver, WA while visiting a buddy.  Stopped to look at the free treadle cabinet and discovered that there was a sewing machine inside.  Didn't sew, didn't have a sewing machine, but that was too cool to pass by.  Now I sew (occasionally) and collect (too much) and am involved in the collecting world (quite a bit).

On this machine I have made Christmas gift bags and pillowcases.  I plan to make more as time goes on.  This machine will not leave the collection no matter what happens to all the other stuff.  It sits in my living room and I can't believe I hadn't add it to this list yet.





No comments: