Monday, June 4, 2012

The Future of Being Single?

Joined the computer age yesterday. Signed up for an online dating company.  I can tell you a couple things so far.

1) cupid.com seems trashier than OKcupid.com.  Before I'd even finished filling out my profile I was getting emails addressed to "Hey baby, Ready for..." which was all I could read because I hadn't paid for an account. Signed up for the first by accident when I didn't realize that there was more than one site with the word "cupid" in it.  Stands to reason though.  I'm trying to figure out how to cancel that account.  So far not totally obvious. (Ah, there is a "Remove Account" button that I overlooked).

2) OKcupid.com seems actually pretty cool..  All I've done is fill out the profile and answer about a million questions but since I was sitting listening to music and eating pizza, while socializing with my little sister, it was pretty painless.  I like the questions, I like the way the website is set up, and I like how they do your profile.  It makes it much easier to describe yourself than a couple I looked at. Plus it's free.  I assume they pay for the servers with advertisements.  Works for me.

If I have any brilliant revelations about online dating I'll let you know.  That way you singles who number yourself amongst my little audience can be forewarned and forearmed if you decide to venture that way.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm interesting...

heresolong said...

Well, I hope so. The "waiting around to meet the right person" strategy is not paying off so far. We'll have to see how the new strategy works.