Sunday, February 17, 2013

You learn something new every day

The Supermarine Spitfire is, in my mind, one of the most beautiful planes ever built.


I have, over the years, collected posters, models, pictures, and books about the Spitfire.  If I were to win one of those huge lottery prizes I would buy or restore one and learn how to fly it around.  One thing I never realized, however, is that it is actually a jet.  Maybe I was fooled by the propellers on the front of the plane.  Maybe I just didn't pay attention.  Today, however, I learned from the Associated Press (via Fox News), that it is actually a "fighter jet".

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/16/global-video-gaming-company-that-backed-search-for-wwii-fighter-jets-says-no/

You learn something new every day, I guess.

No comments: