Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Math is hard

So the folks over at Verizon are either bad at math or trying to pull a fast one.  I got the following email:

Hi John, did you know you use less than an average of 2 GB of data each month? Upgrade today and get Verizon Max — 6GB of data for only $30 monthly access
Ok.  Thanks.  But...

Point 1: If I am using less than 2GB each month, why on earth would I need to upgrade to a plan that gives me more data.  I clearly don't need it.

Point 2: I am currently paying $24.56 a month for UNLIMITED data.  I can use as much as I freaking want for $5 less than the plan they want me to switch to.

What kind of nutjob advertising executive says "Let's advertise our awesome 6GB plan to all the members who are grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan.  That will be sure to make us tons of cash"?

Oh well.  I like my Verizon service, I have awesome reception, and I have unlimited data for the rest of my life if I choose to keep it.  I guess I can live with crazy.

No comments: