Sunday, October 20, 2013

Back bedroom refinishing project

Done! Done! Done!  Well, mostly.

Today I put in the new bed plus a dresser that I've had in the upstairs hall, hung two watercolors that I got from my parents, put up the curtains, and moved the Persian rug I picked up in the Middle East (there are some small benefits to going to war).  I am super happy with the results.



Need a couple more pieces of art to hang, one above the bed and one on the remaining wall.  Or maybe several small pieces.  Need either a new light fixture or a new shade for the ceiling light as the current one is 70s hideous.  I do still have to finish painting a bit of the trim and do the ceiling, but those are both easy, evening projects.





As an added bonus I decided to dunk the knob and trim from the closet door in some paint stripper, just to see what would happen.  Followed by a bit of brass polish...

...happening.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! That doorknob is gorgeous, too.