Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Motorcycle Diaries 2015, Day 2


You wouldn't think that you could ride a motorcycle for two days without anything interesting happening, would you?

You'd be right.  Lots interesting.

Only problem is it started with me not feeling well.  Four days without a good night's sleep.  Haven't been doing a good job of watching what I eat and that keeps me awake at night.  Woke up feeling OK, then stopped for breakfast.  Felt sick to my stomach all morning.  Great.  That's when I realized that I had slacked on watching my diet.  Heavy carbs, potatoes, toast and rolls, sugar.  Normally don't eat them, had lots the past few days.

While eating breakfast took a look at the weather radar.  It looked something like this.  Debated finding a different way around but decided to ride a bit and see what happened.


This is what happened:

To our left:



To our right:






Straight ahead of us:





To add insult to injury stopped in Salt Lake City at the Harley dealer and as we walked out discovered that I had an oil leak.  Purchased some gaskets, found a hardware store for the tools I didn't have, stopped at the Provo KOA early and fixed the leak. 

It didn't rain that night, proving the forecaster wrong, and it didn't rain in the morning, proving the other forecaster wrong.

We managed to get all the way to Cortez without any rain other than a few drops right outside Moab.

Camped we did:


No comments: