Saturday, January 30, 2016

Happy birthday John Moses Browning

Took my new (to me) Springfield 1911 Loaded to the range for the first time last Saturday. I like it.



Oh, and it turns out the visit was apropos, since Saturday was the 161st birthday of Mr. Browning.

In belated honor of his birthday I refer you to the Gospel According to John (Moses Browning).
  1 In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good.  And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith.  For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."
If you want to read the rest you can go to Father Frog's page at http://www.frfrogspad.com/jmb.htm.  He is the original translator of the Gospel from the ancient manuscripts.

No comments: