Sunday, August 27, 2017

Power ride

Didn't get a decent vacation this summer (although to be fair I did go to Maui for spring break) so decided, with school starting this week, to take a couple days and do a power ride, just to get some miles.

Left home Friday morning.  550 miles later I'd ridden through Winthrop, Wenatchee, Ellensburg, Toppenish, Goldendale, White Salmon, and finished in Vancouver.  Sore but a beautiful ride.

Lunch at Country Boy's BBQ in Cashmere.  Always good.

Day two, Astoria (cool bridge across the Columbia), Aberdeen, Hoodsport, Port Townsend for the ferry, and home.  400 miles.

No pictures because that requires stopping.

Lugged camping gear around, just in case, (but since I've been camping on the motorcycle for 25 years I have that down to a science anyway) but didn't use it this time.

Today I am tired, suntanned (at least on my face and arms) and feeling good about getting at least one decent ride in this year.  I need to try to get out earlier but it just seems like more and more of my friends are flaking on any decent riding.   My number one riding buddy bought himself a camper trailer and a quad and spends all his spare time camping with quad friends.  No motorcycle trips in two years.  So there's that.

No comments: