Friday, June 8, 2018

Disqus blocked?

Significant numbers of websites now seem to have enabled a new feature where you can't even read the comments without logging in to Disqus, which involves creating a Disqus account.  Whether you want to or not.  I often read the first few comments of an interesting article, just to see if anyone has some insight missed by the author.  Now, on multiple websites in just one morning, this is what it looked like:



You can see the faded out comments below the "I agree" section, but the Proceed button is a little misleading.  What it really is is a "signup and login" button.

I don't have a Disqus account (that I am aware of), I don't want a Disqus account, and I generally don't post any comments other than on a few select sites where there is an actual and interesting interchange of ideas.

Now I can't even read what others are saying, at least not without difficulty.

No comments: