Thursday, November 1, 2018

Not quite two months

Just discovered that I get to have back surgery. 

Yay!

Mild strain a few weeks ago after three months of mild pain.  Figured it was my mattress because it seemed to go away if I hit the road and stayed in hotels for a few days.  Got a new mattress and it got a little better, but then ..

{ominous music}

I picked up a bucket.

Yes, it's true.  You know how buckets have those wire handles that make them so convenient to pick up?

Yeah.  Turns out that if they are half full of old nuts and bolts, that isn't a good idea.  Went to load some scrap metal into my truck and boom.  Nagging back strain.  Oh well, had them before and they eventually go away.  This time, however, I drove for four hours a couple weeks ago to attend a board meeting, then sat in the board meeting for about five hours, then drove back.  Next morning life sucked.  Hip pain, shooting down into my leg.

Doctor says herniated disc. Need an MRI.  Get an MRI.  Doctor says, using technical medical language that he spent years at medical school learning, "that sucker is huge".  I need surgery.

So I have that going for me.  (Classical reference, bonus points to anyone who can identify)

Maybe I'll spend some of my down time entertaining you by posting more frequently than every two months.  I just haven't had anything worth posting that you couldn't read more eloquently and in greater detail elsewhere. 

We'll see.

1 comment: