Saturday, July 11, 2020

The ability to hold two contradictory views simultaneously

From a friendly acquaintance who I have known for some years.  Both these statements occurred during the same conversation, separated by about fifteen minutes.

Statement 1: I'm wearing this mask because I am over seventy and therefore high risk and my wife has severe immune disorders and if she catches COVID then she will probably die.

Statement 2: I'm wearing this mask for you, not for me.


Other than to mention that I am extremely low risk, very healthy, in good shape, with no underlying conditions that could cause problems, no further comment.

1 comment:

John Wilder said...

Masks.

I have heard more arguments over masks than over the national debt.

I wonder which one will end up impacting us more?