Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Politics

 I rarely post about politics and when I do it is usually more of a this is my interpretation or analysis of a particular topic.  However given the hysteria surrounding the current election process I thought I'd post this tweet with a quick followup.


So a couple comments to go along with this:

  • the election is not decided by the media, but by the states.  There is no President-Elect until the states report.  One can sometimes assume, based on the vote data, who that elect will be but that person is not actually the designee.  I suspect that the media is trying to normalize the idea of President Biden

  • Al Gore kept the count going in 2000 versus George Bush for 37 days.  No one seemed to mind, an in fact I received emails from liberal family members about how GB was trying to steal the election (never mind that he led in every count). Here is CNBC explaining that Trump's actions are "controversial" without explanation as to why wanting the votes to be accurately tallied is controversial:


  • Every single mistake, error, sudden influx of ballots, suspicious number, etc that I have seen goes in one direction: to the benefit of Joe Biden.  The statistical odds of that happening are staggeringly small.  Can someone point to the battleground state where Trump received thousands of votes which turned out to actually be Biden's or when Trump received a middle-of-the-night with no observers bump in ballots which put him ahead?  I haven't seen any.

  • People who are anti-Trump (at least in the media and political punditry) seem to be going a little crazy in their denials.  There is significant statistical evidence of voter fraud or voting impropriety (Read Larry Correia's page).  This is not proof, but it is a red flag.  What do you do when you see a red flag?  You dig a little deeper just to make sure. If there is no basis to the allegation, you certify the election when the law requires you to certify it.  For the record, that is sometime around the end of this month

My blog has been pretty non-controversial, in my opinion.  I post a lot about home projects, about trips I have taken, recipes I have made (over on the other half of this blog, An Egg Without Salt.  Given the actions of Twitter and Facebook to ensure that no information negative to the Biden campaign comes out, I hope this doesn't result in deletion of my blog.  I do have a complete backup but it would be disappointing if it were to disappear.

No comments: