Thursday, April 9, 2020

Fear is the mind killer

Today our local hardware store shut down.  Not because  anyone has the Chinese virus but because someone might.  They are allowed to be open.  Hardware stores are considered essential.  They shut down because of fear.

I was going to write more but then I stumbled across these two posts, one from Dark Brightness and one from The Other McCain.  They say it better than I would have, so for your reading pleasure I present:

The Lockdown Fascists

The Fight Against Fear

I will highlight one quote from McCain's post that came across as very Orwellian.
Troopers can use their discretion to decide if a citation is warranted, but they have been encouraged to use contacts with the public as a way to promote voluntary compliance, 
If you don't voluntarily comply, we can pull you over and issue you a citation. That does not sound anything like the definition of voluntary that I learned in school.


No comments: