Sunday, August 21, 2022

4:30 in the morning

Wake up to the sound of people shouting at each other.  Hear threats to call the police if someone doesn't go home.  Three people, apparently wrapped in blankets come walking down the street.  A car goes by and all three duck into the gate in the hedge of the house opposite me.  I can't really see them but at least two of them appear small (kids?).  They walk off down the street in their blankets.

For the record I live in a small town (5k people) that isn't a particularly bad place.

Thing 1: Pretty sure that I am now awake although I will probably lie back down in a bit.

Thing 2: "Anyone out between 1 am and 5 am is up to no good unless they are working" is a pretty good philosophy.  

What is wrong with people these days?  I'd seriously consider societal restrictions on my life just to get everyone else to start behaving normally.

1 comment: